Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the process of making some suspension upgrades and upgrading to Proforged tall upper ball joints. I got one side assembled with the spindle installed and just want to make sure this is installed correctly. Pretty sure it is correct but just looks odd since the dust boot isn’t sitting directly on top of the spindle like a typical ball joint. All of the tapered section of the ball joint shaft is seated in the spindle. Only the non tapered section is exposed. Feel like the exposed part of the shaft should be protected from the elements but I pretty much only drive the car on nice sunny days so probably ok. Any other thoughts or opinions welcome.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Bumper Automotive exhaust

Gas Bumper Composite material Machine Concrete

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A "tall" ball joint is too long to use a hammer and pickle fork, but a ball joint spreader works great. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all11174
Thanks for the info, that will be good to know for the future. I hadnt torqued anything down yet so ended up just supporting the lower control arm with a jack. Then was able to knock the upper ball joint loose with a tap from a rubber mallet.

Ended up using a piece of spare garden hose (used a Sharpie to make it black) to cover the exposed part of the shaft. Fits the shaft pretty snug but still loose enough to move freely with the dust boot.
White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Rim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts