Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the Proform Self Aligning roller rockers, and they are junk... the washers are getting worn (I only have 10,000 miles on them) and I have had to replace 2 of them the self aligning washer guides are getting bashed up. well most of them are still ok. But I am getting some clicking noises from the rockers or maybe just one or 2, its pretty loud and noticeable from inside the car, and you can hear it under the hood as well, but it only happens when you rev the engine. I replaced the pushrods thinking maybe one was bent. Could it be the slack between the guides?

G

·
When I got my heads the guys at trickflow told me not to use proform...they told me they aren't measured out properly.

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350, Th350- Edelbrock Performer RPM cam and intake, Holley 650, Trick flow twisted wedge heads, dynomax headers,flowmaster american thunder exhuast
[/list]
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/xodus921/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using the Proform Self Aligning roller rockers, and they are junk... the washers are getting worn (I only have 10,000 miles on them) and I have had to replace 2 of them the self aligning washer guides are getting bashed up. well most of them are still ok. But I am getting some clicking noises from the rockers or maybe just one or 2, its pretty loud and noticeable from inside the car, and you can hear it under the hood as well, but it only happens when you rev the engine. I replaced the pushrods thinking maybe one was bent. Could it be the slack between the guides?
( Could it be the slack between the guides)your words...

this made it sound like you may be using push rods guides...? not to be used with self align roller rockers. idk

i know it's an old post ...but i have proform rr's, and i'm looking for input on if they're good to use

1 - 3 of 3 Posts