Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 12v solenoid that will keep the contacts closed as long as my switch is depressed then when the switch opens I want a programmable (less than a second) delay before the contacts in the solenoid open. Does anyone know of such an animal? Low amperage situation.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had seen that, the timers I have found won't go under 1 sec.

I need adjustable in hundredth of sec intervals or at the min tenth of sec.

I am probably going to have to build a timer/relay board, it won't be very difficult just seeing if there was something available commercially.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already thought about a drag race delay box, however it is way more technical and more capabilities than I need.
I can get a hella 12v 10amp relay with 1 sec delay for $50 and that is probably what I will try, or may go the build it route.

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
You can build a an IC counter and have a driver energize, or de-energize an electronic relay.
Check Newark Electronics, DigiKey, Allied Electronics, and Mouser for a programmable relay. I believe I remember seeing an analog relay tunable to the 0.1 second.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish with this set-up? What's it for?

If the timing is not critical, you could simply use a relay with an appropriate sized capacitor in parallel with its coil. For adjustability you could have various capacitor values with switches to either add them or remove them from the coil circuitry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts