Team Camaro Tech banner

281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hope that Billet Specialties alternator bracket works for your car! I bought the same one for my 427 with long waterpump and the alternator hit on the head! I had to make a new spacer on the lathe, buy alonger bolt, and an aftermarket adjustment arm. That little heim arm that came with it wouldn't allow enough adjustment, even starting with a belt just long enough to get on the pulley.
Your car looks really great! Love the project pics!

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I hope that Billet Specialties alternator bracket works for your car! I bought the same one for my 427 with long waterpump and the alternator hit on the head! I had to make a new spacer on the lathe, buy alonger bolt, and an aftermarket adjustment arm. That little heim arm that came with it wouldn't allow enough adjustment, even starting with a belt just long enough to get on the pulley.
That is the bad thing about buying parts. Nothing is a direct fit anymore and you have to modify them. I bought the badass pulley setup, AC compressor, Alternator from March and had to modify them to fit and the instructions sucked. They were 2000.00 for the kit too.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·

I have heard some bad reviews about the part. I am not sure if I am using it either. I have a front plate for the car so i may attach the alt to that.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
That is the bad thing about buying parts. Nothing is a direct fit anymore and you have to modify them. I bought the badass pulley setup, AC compressor, Alternator from March and had to modify them to fit and the instructions sucked. They were 2000.00 for the kit too.
Got that right!

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
I bought the March Ultra Drive and it is great the directions were a little vague but all went well.I have been having problems with the power steering pump for two years,finaly ordered a new one all ready set for the pressure of my rack Unisteer now Mavel helped me with this.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also got the Billet Specialties power steering brackets and couldn't use even one part of that side! I did however use the heim joint that was designed for the alternator side to adjust the power steering side, along with custom brackets I fabbed myself on the PS pump.
Seems nothing ever just bolts on and works! But then if it was easy everybody would be doing it! :)
Here's how my alternator ended up:

You can just see the power steering setup I fabbed there too!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
When is the first race ur gettin there....
Well had some issues with the trans or so we thought. I had the trans looked at, it was dropped off late last night. I motor and trans will be going on today. Hoping to hear it start come monday some time. I plan on being out in two weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Hey Matt !!!

How big is that motor now?

Cant wait to hear it myself keep up the nice work.

281 - 300 of 336 Posts