Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really new to the site as I've been a long time member, but after many years the end is in sight in my project. After starting the resto in 2009, I finally got it back on the road a few weeks back. It took awhile as it was done in my shop on my days off from work overseas.

Just a little background. I had a 67 Camaro when I was in high school in Saskatchewan. Unfortunately I had to sell it to finish university :(.

Pictures, probably taken in 1985 and 1987 or so, that my son dug up at my mothers place back home. Paid 3300 bucks for it if I remember correctly. It had a few issues like a missing front signal light and bumper/license plate that got me a few warnings from the RCMPs but it was only a 350 2bbl with a powerglide. Was the fastest car in 2 towns for awhile, not sure how, but it did move pretty good. But don't tell my mother that :noway:.

I had it painted after some hit and run idjit backed into the front end and it turned into this:

I saw a similar stripe in a hot rod magazine and figured it would work for me.

20 years later after working for years overseas and then settling in the Philippines. I finally found one for sale in the Philippines to was a good base to start on.

Any now finally after 6 years a lot of time and a whole pile of money and a lot of help from this site, this is the end result. All the work except for some of the upholstery was done in my shop, although I did get a couple of guys to help out with some of the welding and block sanding (my arms were getting knackered).

Still a few things to work out, but at least it's driveable.

I love to be able to look out the front door and see this!:hurray:

Thanks for looking.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments. It took me two goes with the paint as the first time it ended up with a shade at certain angles that just looked too brown/maroon. Second time I tried a different code. I got a small amount and sprayed out the under hood and engine bay. It was a little too light, but I figured I could live with it. So I go down to the paint supplier to get enough to do the whole car. He gets almost done and realizes he doesn't have enough of a certain tint. Brings out another similar tint tries that and give it to me on a piece of tape to take outside to have a look. Turns out he hit the nail with the actual color I was wanting in the first place.

Still debating whether to put white stripes on it or a similar stripe as my high school car.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to put down some of the parts used.

1967 Camaro RS
Originally 6 cyl.
Fastburn 385 - stock for now - from Pace Performance
Dougs D368 headers Summit
March Performance Style-Trak from Company not to be mentioned
Autogear M-22W from Midwest Muncie
Hotchkis TVS 1 1/2" lowering kit Summit
SPC uppers and lowers Summit
MagnaFlow 15896 Tru-X Summit
10-bolt 3.55 rear (to be changed eventually)
PRC Radiator with dual fans from Company not to be mentioned
Wilwood Brakes from Company not to be mentioned
American Autowire Classic Update
As came with TT wheels (to be changed eventually)
Tinted windows from Company not to be mentioned
Vintage Air from Company not to be mentioned
Procar Seats recovered with Alcantara/Black vinyl
Damplifier Pro sound deadener
Plethora of parts from Classic Industries, NPD, Firewheel Classics, Rick's, Summit
Ultraplush carpet from Stock Interiors
Digitails/Front LEDs from MuscleRodz
Interior LEDs from Super Bright LED
Screaming Eagle kickpanels with Focal speakers
Paint Color - Dupont slight variation on Stormy Blue Mica
Paint supplies from TCP Global and Eastwood

Started 2009
Driveable 2015

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Very pretty!