Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still need to do interior,butt what do you folks think?
Ben

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Very nice. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a time warp, those flares have been on there over 30 years!! Ive had the car since 1975, I am an old fart!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it because its all legal and I can get in it and drive it anytime I want to,again,finally!!!!

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I like the silver, I have a silver 2010 Silverado truck, my wife has a silver Maxima and I just sold a silver Harley Road Glide. My wife wants to do our 67 Camaro silver with black stripes but I want to go back with the original black. So we'll see how it goes. It's sharp

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its Cortez Silver,the stripes are charcoal metalic gray,butt they do look black!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone else have any comments or suggestions? Be nice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmmm!

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
It IS old skool with those Moroso gold anodized pieces on the engine. I had 'em back then too and actually recycled the air cleaner onto my '86 Silverado.
They look good too,man.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ben,
I have owned a 67 camaro since 1978 myself, heck, my user id is Oldschool67...so I know where you're coming from...more so than you think...I'll attempt to attach a photo of my 67, or at least a link to it, you'll see what I mean...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1409136503112&set=a.1409136183104.2051926.1073443382&type=3&theater
Those look like the same flares as mine!! If youre like me Ive never seen another set like these,too cool !!! How long have you had them??
Ben

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It IS old skool with those Moroso gold anodized pieces on the engine. I had 'em back then too and actually recycled the air cleaner onto my '86 Silverado.
They look good too,man.
Most people dont realize how old the gold anodized stuff is!! Probably think its something I had powdercoated.
Ben

·
Registered
107 Posts
Those look like the same flares as mine!! If youre like me Ive never seen another set like these,too cool !!! How long have you had them??
Ben
They have been on the car since 1976-77....you're not going to believe this, but they are comprised completely from BONDO....yep, I said it, all hand shaped Bondo...which is why you are exactly correct when you said I thought I'd never see another set like them. Modeled after a corvette style flare, only exaggerated to look right on the camaro. You can't really see in the photo, but there are flares on the front as well. That was just the thing to do back in the day. Everyone else was just running Gabriel Hi-Jackers to get the rear fender wells high enough to clear 60 series tires, as narrowed rear ends and wheel tubs were just making the scene on all out drag cars, and hadn't quite shown up on the street scene yet...so if you went the flare rout, you were "extra cool" at the cruise in....Not everybody is a fan of the flares, but mine was a daily driver from the time it was finished in 1977, till 2008...started off dark blue, then white, and then red...the red paint job was the highest "quality " job I had done, so most people that saw me on the road, really had nothing but good comments about the car. SB chevy, with a 4 speed, nice tone to the exhaust, but not "glass pack" crackly loud..and I run a pete jackson gear drive in it...so between the noisy muncie, and the gear drive, alot of folks think it supercharged, but it's not...just a real fun car to drive...it's currently being painted again...was thinking about the new synergy green...man I love that color...but, about a month ago, I started talking to the guy I bought it from back in 77 , it was his first car, and he would love to have it back...I'm trying to build a bigger shop in my back yard, so I can have room for what I already have, and to add a 32 ford cp. Only thing is, he wants it back red...still negotiating, so we shall see...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts