Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might open a can... but what are the PT cars going for ? would it be cheaper to buy one, (LS1 conversion,vintage air, nice upgrade suspension) or build one, have one built? Didn't really know where else to ask, Thanks!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
This might open a can... but what are the PT cars going for ? would it be cheaper to buy one, (LS1 conversion,vintage air, nice upgrade suspension) or build one, have one built? Didn't really know where else to ask, Thanks!
should definitely be cheaper to buy one done. The trick is getting one done how you want it, because if you have to change a bunch of stuff to get it your way, that costs money.

A nice PT Camaro is generally $40K to $50K. LS engines are usually a bit more than the standard small and big block, and are becoming preferable. The ones with all the bells and whistles can go much higher.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Jody nailed it. If you cannot find one exactly like you want, be sure to at least find one with paint and body to please you. Bolt on stuff is not to bad to change, but paint and body are getting very expensive and time consuming.

Jody has a lot of experiance with Pro Touring cars having owned some pinicale cars. We build a few ourselves. Feel free to consult either of us as you progress in your search.

I am best reached by e mail

[email protected]

·
Registered
518 Posts
I agree that it is more economical to buy one than build one. A pro touring car make look expensive in the 40K-60K range but at the end of the day 40K will barley get you in the door if you buy a beater or nice non pro touring car and do a lot of work yourself. Problem with buying them is that 1) limited supply for sale compounded with 2) getting one with some basic items you want.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yeah, I would try to find one done. I completed my car, THEN got the PT bug....so, now...time for another 40 grand, but I will work my way through it. I have already lowered the front 2" and the rear 1", but bigger sway bar on the front, and 17x8's on the front and 17x9.5 on the rear. I am going to work on the front seats next..something to hold me in place a little better, then a five speed, then baer brakes, but you get the idea....it will add up faster then the national debt! I am going to do some minor engine mods to it, and at the end of the year, the 454 LSX crate motor should be out from GM. When that comes out, I will buy that and the detroit speed front sub frame...jeez, want in one hand......anyone got a spare 20 grand laying around? I need a drink.....

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
should definitely be cheaper to buy one done /quote]

Now he tells me.... and Frank, your no help either ! :cool:

Lots of nice cars out there for less than you can build them for.. on the flip side I have seen super high end PT cars sell for significantly more than the build cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts