Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem just started a few weeks ago but I noticed when I applied the brakes the front of my 67 pulls to the left. WHen the brakes are released the car drives straight again. What is causing this? I would like to be able to speak to the mechanic in his own language when I explain this to him. Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe it has misadjusted brakes if there drum or it might need new brake pads or a wheel cylinder is bad or???????????
Let some one or yourself check it out and see what the problem is . It is the only way you will know what the problem is.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sounds like you need a brake job. new pads and turn the drums if it's a drum brake car. probably one of your brakes is grabbing before the other side does. i could be wrong, but that's probably what it is.
Tybor

·
Registered
257 Posts
how hard does it pull? mine pulls to the left too, but it's got a new master cylinder, new booster, new front disc brakes, and the backs have new pads. I decided that I'll just live with it because I don't want to replace my brake lines, and that's the only thing I haven't really checked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lil beast,
The car actually pulls very hard to the left when applying the brakes fully. AS a matter of fact I had all new brakes put on the car last nov. when I bought it. I appreciate the feed back. I just needed something to tell the machanic when I take the car back to him.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Gambler

If the're drum brakes I'd suspect a leaky wheel cylinder. Brake fluid on the shoes will cause the pulling to one side that you described. Another possible cause could be loose or broken lining on the shoes. Whatever the cause, I'd do a front brake job on it. If you have to 'panic stop' and the car veers off to the left, you may end up with bigger problems.

Mark

·
Registered
503 Posts
You should also have the car checked for any loose parts in the front end. I do alignments all day at work and you would be surprised at how many brake and steering pulls are from worn out or loose front ends. Just make sure your machanic does a real good check of the whole car

·
Registered
176 Posts
If your brake hoses weren't replaced, that may be the reason the brakes pull, at any rate, you need to examine the brakes pronto

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
If you have no fear, you're not going as fast as you could.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
How old are your flex lines? When they get really old, they fail from the inside out - they swell internally and restrict fluid travel, so you get less pressure on one side than you get on the other.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 10 of 10 Posts