Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold my 56 corvette and found in my same town a 69 z-28. can buy for $20,000. comes with orig. protect-o-plate and appears to be correct #'s matching car. Has had full resto- fathom green/green interior. car is very very nice and very straight. Sounds like a very good buy to me?? Any thoughts.??

Todd miller

·
3,176 Posts
put money down on the car with the rest to be paid when numbers are verified!!! If they dont money will be refunded. Thats a cheap price and with it that low, it would be worth it to try to get Jerry MacNeish out to certify the car. If it turns out to be a true numbers matching car and he certifies it as such, your still paying way less than what the going price range is today even after paying for his services!!!!

http://www.z28camaro.com/consvcs.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise guys. went to camaro.com and ran the vin and trim tag as well as compaired this aginest the protecto plate tag and all appears to be ligit? Paint/interior colors match trim as well as interior options? Engine stamp also matches the poduction time frame as well? The trim tag shows a x33d80 car as well? Heads are the double hump type. Interior has the clock in center of dash and correct tach and gaughe package in consol?? If this car is not a correct car someone went to a "lot" of trouble and expense to make it one. anyway the condition of the car warrents the purchase price alone. I have commited to buying the car and will write in with further documentation on the car once it is home in garage.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Todd - You may have just walked into a deal as most that pass off a fake car that's got doc's etc will be asking top dollar. At $20K for a real Z, I would expect a car that is a driver but far less than perfect... I've got to echo what the others are saying. We've seen too many guys bubble bursted and trust me nobody here takes pleasure in seeing someone taken advantage of.

I would suggest posting your vin and cowl tag info in the tag team forum and someone from the CRG will speak up if the cars already in their database. There are a bunch of little physical things you can validate that will help identify the vehicle. With websites selling cowl tags and rivits and protocto plate stamper being available on e-bay and even engine and parts like distributors being restamped you never know without exhaustive detective work!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
When in doubt, Don't! The deal sounds too good to be true, but, I have been wrong about twenty times today and it's only 4:25 PM. Heck even a broke clock is right twice a day. Good Luck and Listen to DJD, post the tag, and may the Camaro angel give you favor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts