Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

I am currently restoring two Camaro's. One
Is a 67 L78 Camaro and the other a 67 RS/SS.

The RS/SS is currently being painted - rotisserie.

I am at a stage where I need to buy all the weather
Seals, nuts and bolts.

The RS/SS is going to be my fun car. The L78
Will be done correctly. I have put a spread sheet
Together of all parts required and cost from
Various vendors like NPD, Ricks, Classic industries and
Heartbeat city.

Are there differences in the quality of parts
Between these vendors? Should I be looking somewhere
Else?

I am not looking for any sheet metal or interior parts. Primarily
Looking for seals, bushings, nuts and bolts.

Also, anyone know who I can send my chrome parts
Out to? As well as nuts and bolts?

·
Vendor
118 Posts
We carry (primarily, because certain things are better-sourced elsewhere) Soffseal weatherstripping, and we stock a comprehensive selection of correct AMK fastener kits, which is really the gold-standard for hardware. There is definitely a difference with AMK, it's exact replacement in style and finish, not just Home Depot hardware.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here , But , arent you from MICHIGAN ?
isnt that where your car is at this time ?

sounds familiar.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thought so ...This is Jeff , you called me on the phone a few weeks ago ...
we talked for a hour or so...

hows the car coming ?

you should post a shot of it..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I finished the restoration of my 69 RS/SS last year and primarily used a vendor called "Firewheel Classics" out of Dallas, Tx. They were great to work with, very knowledgeable, offered top notch parts, better prices than I could find anywhere, and fast to ship. I'm just north of Atlanta so both Year One and Ricks were convenient but when you figured in in state sales tax it worked out better to buy from someone out of state. Good luck with your projects, Scott

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,632 Posts
For re-chroming, I'd suggest Ogden Chrome in Utah. Top notch quality and very reasonable prices. They were able to beat any of the prices I found locally. They arranged to have my parts picked up (FedEx) and redelivered, no charge !! You can go to their website and submit photos for an estimate.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,632 Posts
....as far as reproduction parts and vendors, generally, they all offer the same stuff. Many parts however, are reproduced by more than one manufacturer, so it helps if the vendor states which manufacturer they're offering. Rick's catalog is excellent for this. HBC seems to offer the same stuff as Rick's. I've gotten parts from HBC that had Rick's part numbers on the packages. HBC has better customer service now days and cheaper shipping rates, so I kinda prefer them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts