Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I can't seem to find any info. Anyway, I purchased a set of Doug's cut-outs for my exhaust. They come with a button but me the way I am I don't like the idea of holding a button to open or close them in fear I'll over work the little motor in the cut outs and prematurely burn them out. What button do I need to press it once to open and press again to close without holding the button down? I want to install the button where the cigarette lighter is now, if that means anything to anyone. I appreciate any responses and as always, thank you.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I am curious if you found a solution on this. I saw them do this on Bitchin Rides but haven't seen the solution.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am curious if you found a solution on this. I saw them do this on Bitchin Rides but haven't seen the solution.
No, I haven't done much with it recently. Preoccupied with lay-offs at work to concentrate on anything.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,427 Posts
I have a guy. He is developing a switch for this. The features it will have are awesome. It will be programmable. It will even have a feature that if you happened to shut your car off with the cutouts open, this system will automatically close the cutouts when you turn your key on. Here are the programming options;

Option 1: control via a single push button. A single push would open and next push will close. The button light can be illuminated in two ways: a) button illuminated as soon as circuit gets power (ignition) and goes during open or close. b) light comes on only during open or close actions.

Option 2: control via a single push button. A short push opens and long push close. What is allows you to do is to specify very short open time, so with a short press you can open flap just a little bit. Next short push also opens the flap a little further. This allows you progressively open the flap or you maybe you want the flap to be only 50% open. So the short press opens the flap for predetermined % and long press closes it. You can also make closing very short so you have ability to open and close flap with precision. I hope you get the idea. Same two options for the light.

Option 3. Control via latched switch like push button switch. Push to open and release to close. Same two options for the light plus light could be made to stay solid when pushed.

Option 4. Control with two push buttons or rocker switch. Push one button to open and push the other to close. The open and close timing could be adjusted as well so pushing open button will keep opening the flap with small increments. Each button can be eliminated during the motion.

This will be available I would estimate within the next few weeks. I am sure it will be cheaper than the Kindig-it switch, which I was told will cost $255 from Kindig. They are working to offer this switch soon.

Here is a video of a test with a switch I sent him as well as one of my cutouts;

Brett.....

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I have a guy. He is developing a switch for this. The features it will have are awesome. It will be programmable. It will even have a feature that if you happened to shut your car off with the cutouts open, this system will automatically close the cutouts when you turn your key on. Here are the programming options;

Option 1: control via a single push button. A single push would open and next push will close. The button light can be illuminated in two ways: a) button illuminated as soon as circuit gets power (ignition) and goes during open or close. b) light comes on only during open or close actions.

Option 2: control via a single push button. A short push opens and long push close. What is allows you to do is to specify very short open time, so with a short press you can open flap just a little bit. Next short push also opens the flap a little further. This allows you progressively open the flap or you maybe you want the flap to be only 50% open. So the short press opens the flap for predetermined % and long press closes it. You can also make closing very short so you have ability to open and close flap with precision. I hope you get the idea. Same two options for the light.

Option 3. Control via latched switch like push button switch. Push to open and release to close. Same two options for the light plus light could be made to stay solid when pushed.

Option 4. Control with two push buttons or rocker switch. Push one button to open and push the other to close. The open and close timing could be adjusted as well so pushing open button will keep opening the flap with small increments. Each button can be eliminated during the motion.

This will be available I would estimate within the next few weeks. I am sure it will be cheaper than the Kindig-it switch, which I was told will cost $255 from Kindig. They are working to offer this switch soon.

Here is a video of a test with a switch I sent him as well as one of my cutouts;

Brett.....
Looks good

Next video after yours comes up Heart with Jason Bonham performing Stairway to Heaven with Robert Plant and Jimmie Paige in the audience. Awesome

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I haven't done much with it recently. Preoccupied with lay-offs at work to concentrate on anything.
Hi Brettallen59,
That's exactly what I'm looking for. But, and there's always a but. I would like a switch the diameter of the cigarette lighter. That's the location this will be going.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I'm sure that will not be a problem, because this guy is making the system to where you can use any switch you want. The momentary switch in the video is one I found from a company that makes a selection of different diameter switches that look the same as the one in the vid.

Brett....

Apiele push button switches

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Mr. Runner,
Here is a video of the Cutout timer that I will be installing with my cutouts. Way better and more versatile than any other system I've seen. My persistence (or obsession, depending on how you want to look at it) has finally paid off!
I guess you could also use it for a cowl vent and how about headlight covers, lol.

Brett....

Cut out timer system

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Update: I received my controller, wired it up and I'm very happy with the results. Here is a video of the controller I purchased for $69; One Push Button Controller Video This is the actual link;
Here is a link to the product. Timers.Shop Cutout Controller. There is even the ability to Wi-Fi into the controller to customize the settings instead of DIP switches. Very cutting edge technology!

It uses any switch you choose, but the switches from Apiele are cheap (from $9) and attractive IMO. They offer different sizes and styles as well.

Here is an Amazon Link; Apiele Push-Button Switches
I am SO happy that there is finally an alternative choice than the only other one I found that costs $225.
Brett....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts