Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
19,900 Posts
Change to AN

A buddy just lost a truck to a push-loc hose coming off hosing the motor down with fuel....total loss, burnt to the ground.

·
14,272 Posts
I use Beadlock and own a hydraulic crimper.

No experience wit push lock

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,668 Posts
Simon, thanks for posting the Vaporguard link. I needed some fuel line and fittings for my carbureted system that I will possibly upgrade to EFI, so I bought some Vaporguard fittings, clamps and pliers.

Brett.....

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not spending $300 on a tool to connect 4 fittings

I sent them back havnt ordered new line or fittings yet want to get feedback here

Was thinking of going back to AN but will look into the vaporgaurd

I tried heating/lubing every possible way to get these things fully seated. I know have blisters lol

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Vaporguard is AN, as is push lock. AN describes the mating of the fitting and not the hose.

Vaporguard hose assembles easily. I like the clean OEM look and black fittings. Crimp rings provide reliable connections.

Don

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i get the lengths right on mine then take them to a local hydraulic hose shop. They just do it by hand but they are good at it and get the stuff fully seated.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
Hey Don

I was looking a the Vaporguard hose and saw there is a single crimp and a dual crimp clamp. Do you know why there are those 2 options?
Sorry no I don’t. I have used both.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts