Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this cam shaft from Lunati: Special Purpose Camshaft Hyd.Flat Tappet RPM 2500–6200 Adv. Dur 280 Int./290 Exh. Valve Lift .489 Int./.520 Exh. Lobe Angle 110 Deg.

Could you guys tell me if I can run stock length pushrods with this cam shaft. I currently have stock "camel hump" heads.

Thank you in advance

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
I recently purchased this cam shaft from Lunati: Special Purpose Camshaft Hyd.Flat Tappet RPM 2500–6200 Adv. Dur 280 Int./290 Exh. Valve Lift .489 Int./.520 Exh. Lobe Angle 110 Deg.

Could you guys tell me if I can run stock length pushrods with this cam shaft. I currently have stock "camel hump" heads.

Thank you in advance
you should be fine, but you should still check to be sure.

Jody

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You need to check after any rebuild. Go to your speed shop and ask for a little platic tool ($5) that fits over the rocker stud and will tell you if your push rods are too short, tall, or just right. Otherwise you're asking for valve train trouble caused by poor geometry.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Now let me ask this question. The motor had a solid cam and lifters, and a cam button in it when I bought it. I changed the cam and lifters to hyd. Do I still need to run some type of cam button? Or will the cam be fine with out one?

Once again thank you guys for the help!!!!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Now let me ask this question. The motor had a solid cam and lifters, and a cam button in it when I bought it. I changed the cam and lifters to hyd. Do I still need to run some type of cam button? Or will the cam be fine with out one?

Once again thank you guys for the help!!!!

Neither solid or hydraulic flat tappet require a cam button, so you're fine without it.

Jody

1 - 9 of 9 Posts