Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am in need of a bit of help. I can get a hold of a 400 sbc, but it is just the core. That is fine as I will be building it from the ground up. I am curious if I can use these pushrods I have from a 305 in it. (I will be putting on some aftermarket heads later if that makes any difference in height, not sure)

Help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
BW

·
Registered
367 Posts
You should be able to, but you can get some decent hardended ones for under $35.00 or so.

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Holley 750DP, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Hello all. I have a question regarding the push rods as well and other valve train pieces. I'm putting a 302 together from the ground up since the original one from my Z is long gone. I need to know if its absolutely neccesary to used the specific "O" stamp hi-po GM rockers for the solid lifter 30/30 cam or can the "triangle" stamp rockers be ok? I understand that the "O" rockers are long slot...correct me if I'm wrong, and the other are not long slot. Any suggestions? I'm wanting as close to a stock look as possible.

Also...Tracy Focht the hardened push rods your speaking of...where can they be had?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
When I'm building an engine, I don't reuse any wear part, pushrods, lifters, rockers etc.... You want your parts to all wear in to each other. If the parts are available, and not major cost parts,use new ones.Why put old stressed parts in a new tight motor,you are asking for trouble.

------------------
Bob
Garnet Red 69/SS396/TH400/355 Posi
94 HD Dyna Wideglide

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. I never realized hardened rods were so cheap. I will just get new ones then. Thanks for the tips!

BW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.