Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
When I put my car in gear it runs real rough...almost to a point it would stall....I thought the idle was too low so I turned the idle up to 1000rpm and it would do the same....
Any idea where to start...Carb, timing, vacuum leak?
Thanks!
350 punched 30 over
mild cam
Holley 600 vac.2
MSD Distributor

[This message has been edited by SSuperman (edited 04-17-2002).]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if the edit went through but its a 350 punched 30...mild cam....Holley 600 Vac. MSD Ignition/coil/wires

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
How is it at idle not in gear? Smooth?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes in park the idle is smooth..Its just when I put it in rev. or drive its when its rough.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
How does the vacumn change from idle to gear? I've seen vehicles do this with bad torque converters. The engine actually wants to run smooth, but can't.
I'm just throwing some things out there, it's real hard for me, not looking at it.
Vacumn modulater on trans?
How does it accelerate when you put your foot in it in gear? Choppy? Does it gradually smooth out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
SSuperman, had the exact problem when I installed my 350 eng. into my 67. Stevo camaro is right on track...... I had to replace my torque converter (Went to a higher stall). Every thing worked great!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I put it in gear and it starts to (feels/sounds) like its missing I put it in park, rev the motor a few times and then it clears up.
when I put it back in gear it takes a few seconds (10?) and it acts up again.
While driving the motor is smooth running, no missing...
I might hafto start with the basics....check wires, plugs, vacuum, carb adjustments....Hate to put money in the trans right now.(tough times)
Thanks guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 69 camaro. all of a sudden the car was running REALLY rough and it did stall. i thought it was something big. here, the venting gas cap wans't venting and it caused a vacum. i bought a new gas cap and it fixed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts