Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 camaro and I was wondering if I could wire some fog lamps into the parking lights. The parking lights are only on in the park position and not when the headlamps are on. So i thought i could wire the fog lamps into the park lamps so when i pulled the knob inside to activate the park lamps, the fog lamps would also come on. The one question i have is will there be enough power going there to power both of them? The fog lamps i have are H-3 55watt halogen bulbs.I dont see an amperage rating but it runs through a 15 amp fuse. WILL THIS WORK???

·
Registered
106 Posts
In a situation like this it is always best to use a relay.
Feed the coil of the relay from the parklight circuit and power the lamps through the relay from the one of the connection points at the bottm of the relay and buzzer - or from the junction block on the radiator support where the battery connection goes on - include a fuse in this circuit.

------------------
68 SS

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Follow Brians instructins and you'l be allright.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I'm guessing I can get a relay at like pep boys or auto zone, if not ill find somewhere. Thanks again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you know the wattage you can figure the amps, and vice versa. Because volts X amps = watts. So your 55 Watt bulbs should draw (55 Watts / 12 Volts) = 4.6 Amps. Two of them would be 9.2 Amps. Not much leeway with a 15 Amp fuse. I agree a relay is the best way to go, especially the wires, switch, etc. are designed for a much lower current. They may not last long with the high current.
-ibjoe

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just an idea, you can use the valance panel from a 69 and use the openings for the directionals for the driving lights. I think it would look awsome, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts