Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Edit: This is going to come off kinda douchy on my part but I don't mean it to be that way. It's just fair warning.

Try it if you want but let me tell you they're named Pyle for a reason. Everything they make is an absolute pile of you know what. The power output is grossly overrated and their line output ratings are not accurate. How could something that supposedly has a maximum output of 200 watts only have a 3 amp consumption?

I admit I tried one of their units because they had a cheap one that was just a little box with no CD and a USB port on the front and supposedly put out up to 80W x 4. There's a reason they don't list RMS output power on their units. It sounded horrible through the dash speaker and 6x9's....absolutely no power and no bass response. The line output wouldn't even drive the sub amp enough to hardly tell the sub was working, even with the gain turned all the way up. I tossed it and put in a relatively cheap Sony and it rocks the relatively cheap gear. You can get away with cheap speakers if you have a good signal but with a bad signal....well....forget it. Oh, and I originally had one of their cheap amplified sub tubes and it got tossed as well.

I honestly don't know what the hell gets into me sometimes....I stopped buying "cheap" audio gear years ago but sometimes I have a relapse by telling myself "oh, it's just to have some tunes and it's not my daily driver." Even if I only listen for ten minutes I at least want those ten minutes to be enjoyable.

$39 is a cheap price of admission if you want to give it a shot though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I know.
But, I had a pair of Pyle 6x9's that kicked ***!!! Though maybe the radio would be worth a try VS. spending $250 on a CAS usa-630 or the Secret Audio that everyone complains about. The more I think about it I may just put the orig radio in and put a head unit in the glove box. Eventhough I hate that look.
Looking at the Clarion FZ409 now.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Hell, I've got a cheap set of Pyramid 6x9's in it now! Like I said, you can make cheap speakers sound decent with a good signal but even the best speakers will sound bad with a poor signal. My dash was already cut apart when I bought it years ago so I didn't have to deal with the dilemma.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed one in my 68 and so far for the money I'm impressed. I had to adjust the shafts wider apart to work. It's hooked to some pioneer 6x9 speakers and the volume is good even without an amp. I just wish it was a 4 channel instead of 2. I haven't driven with it yet to see how the radio does while moving, but it picks up stations good while sitting in the shop. I wanted to be able to listen to mp3's and now I can cheaply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts