Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I bought a pypes 2.5 dual system with x pipe and street pro mufflers.

fitment was poor (definitely not a bolt in system)...ended up having a muffler shop bend new pipes...all I kept on the car from the pypes system were the X pipe and the mufflers. The tailpipes coming off the muffler were just an awful fit....completely unusable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had similar experience with the Pypes cross flow system with the Race Pro muffler. I would no buy a Pypes system again

·
13,738 Posts
I have a local shop that does my exhaust work. Has been doing it for 15 years. Does a great job. I pick the muffs and he does the rest. Totally awesome job. He does all my friends cars. At least 20-25 so far.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I have a local shop that does my exhaust work. Has been doing it for 15 years. Does a great job. I pick the muffs and he does the rest. Totally awesome job. He does all my friends cars. At least 20-25 so far.
This is what I do as well, I have a good local shop. I don’t believe there is a perfect fitting “kit”, unless you get lucky. Too many variables.

However I will say though I’m not a fan of Flowmaster mufflers, I installed a kit from them Years ago on my Fox mustang and it fit really well. Flowmaster pipes seem pretty good.

With my Camaro I bought a Dr. Gas X kit, 3” Magnaflow mufflers and let the exhaust shop do their magic. It’s a great fitting install.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I too have a local shop bend the pipes and install the mufflers, they get jobber price on the mufflers. Pipes usually run $125 plus the cost mufflers. Having said that, I have installed the Flomaster kit and the Summit kit with a good fit that clients had brought me with their cars.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I've got the PYPES 3" SS system, step-down from 3.5" collectors, X pipe, hanging them was a breeze to the over-the-axle pipe. Going from there to the 3" polished slash tips... had to have a shop do a little fab work. Its a great look and PYPES should pay more attention to pipe routing options (2-1/2" & 3") beyond the axle that don't hit everything in sight. They don't actually have a straight out 3" and that may be part of the problem.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had Pypes Violators on my 67 with a built . (2.5" with X-pipe) Sounded sweet at idle, and not too annoyingly loud at cruise. When you stomped that gas.. they were freak'n loud. Straight through so great flow.
I now have 3" Magnaflows behind a built LS3. Pretty quiet in comparison. Still sound good, but just not as loud in all areas. (sound just like Borla ProXS) Had those too.

I feel like I found the best of both worlds with the Magnaflows and my new NOWEEDS exhaust diverters!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts