·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Can't tell from your picture. Need to determine what cover will line up with the Carb access point.

From the side, some covers have a slot in back, some are in front.
The choke coil needs to push UP when it gets hot to let the secondaries open.
So depending if you use a front slot rod, or a rear slot rod cover, that will determine which coil unit you need.

Typically in original configuration - -That motor in Camaro uses the outside cover., and the coil pushes up clockwise looking from front of motor.

probably more confused now - - so get an assembly manual :)

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So the 3A choke has a connecting wire much too long. Based on the photos of the three options they all have the same wire. I’m puzzled.

Update 1 - For the sake of anyone following this I am easily confused. I did find number 7045213 on the carburetor that identifies it as coming off a 1975 Chevy truck. :surprise: and then :frown2:

So I need to find the choke for that specific model and that is proving to be a challenge.

Update 2 - I turned around the heat sensitive spring so it will push up instead of down, shortened and bent the linkage rod to fit, drilled a hole in the rod for a cotter pin to secure the link to the carb and installed it. I believe it will function okay but cannot test until I get this car back on the road.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts