Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a quadrajet I want to rebuild but its missing the choke plate, the air diaphram and linkage to open the secondaries and the bracket.

Besides finding a junk parts carb, is there somewhere I can buy these individual pieces for this carb? Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check with Edelbrock - www.edelbrock.com - they are still building Quadrajets - might get parts from them -

Otherwise - it'll probably be cheaper to buy a donor carb....

Should be able to pickup a rebuildable / donor for $25 - $50

Steve

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surely, someone has found a source of new parts????

Dave

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
There are very few new parts and what you need is not made. Find a junk Qjet of the same series and get the parts. If start asking you will be suprised at how manny are laying around.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The carb is a 7029201 model. I don't think those are that common.

Dave

·
Registered
230 Posts
The parts you are missing should inter-change between most quads -

There are a bunch of "little" differences thru the years - but most parts (I would think especially choke plate / secondary linkages) should pull off one and bolt on the next.

Also - I am not having trouble finding correct #'s anywhere - I've picked up three for my '67 (7027202's) and a spare from a '69 Vette (don't remember the #) -

try posting a wanted ad on Mortec ( www.mortec.com ) if you want to only cannibalize a 7029201.

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dave- Could you post a picture of the carb
you need parts for? What was it originally
on? In the last month I threw about 30 Q-Jets
into a metal dumpster, and I didn't notice
anything special about any of them. And a
lot of them were rebuildable.I did keep a few of the later models that could be
converted to electric choke, however. If you
aren't restoring or racing, I recommed you
get one of those.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Josh,

thanks for the suggestion but they don't have the parts I need. I already checked them.

Nordbert,

I don't know how to post pics but I can email you one if you want to give me your email address. I sure would have liked to have seen all this parts you threw away.

For reference, the correct carb for my car is a 7027211, so if anyone has one....

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts