Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put new louvers on my 69' but as you may well know, i have no access to the inside of the lower quarter to do this. any ideas on how i can attatch them. i am not sure if anyone sells the push in barrel nuts but i checked most places like ricks with no luck. do i have access if i remove the interior rear panels...thanks al

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
my louvers and badges are stuck on with rtv silicone....and have been for 20 yrs
I put a bit in the hole and with a little piece of bent wire spead on the inside
Then a small blob on the pins and a couple on the back so as when pushed up to the panel doesnt spread to be visiable
The ones on the side of the car I lean a 4x2 against it to hold in place over night

Yep the nuts on the back of the louvers are accessed thru the jam vent...use a long reach 1/4 socket and ratchet. If your arm is to big, its a job the kidsa can do nps

·
Registered
39 Posts
Guys, my back interior panels are off right now. With the quarter window rolled all the way up you can reach all 4 of the speed nuts pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I agree with jobu. I took the rear panels off my 69 last year to replace my louvers. That would be the easiest way to do it. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts