Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site and camaro owner but have had plenty of 69 chevelles and also have a 69 R/T.
I picked up this 69 camaro a few weeks ago with new floor and quarter panels. There is a gap in front of the rear tires between the rocker and quarters about and inch long on both sides about 3/16 wide. Looks like the shop hacked it up. What is you take? Thx Jim
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The rear part of the rocker panel metal should fold around the outer wheelhouse. The outer wheelhouse should extend all the way to the bottom of the rocker panel. You can see it in the photo below. The area I am writing about has a V shaped notch in the rocker panel. Above the rocker is the quarter panel. It should be even with the rocker. Perhaps the previous owner cut the rocker and the wheelhouse.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive design

Here is a photo of a convertible rocker back end where everything slides together. A convertible rocker is different from a coupe rocker. I assume the metal at the rear is bent the same. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Wheel Hood

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought a set of rocker panels for my car years ago and they were made with this same notch. I have no idea why. I had to fabricate a piece to fix this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the pictures and replies. I did just find a few other post concerning the notched out rocker panels. This should of been fixed at fitment but guess someone got lazy.
It's always an adventure
Thx and Sorry for delay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts