Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Got mine from D&R classics. Real good products.

Reactions: allanjs

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to follow this up I used CHQ moldings and Soffseal seals. The seals have the metal strip embedded
that slides into the molding. Installing the seals into the moldings was a tight fight and won't go without
some type of lube. Undiluted Dawn dish soap worked well. After installed I noticed the seal end (where
the screw goes) seemed short. On further evaluation I found the molding is actually too long when
compared to the factory original. I don't believe that will effect anything as it's hidden by the U-jamb seal.
Still have to install the complete window. Also I had to massage the CHQ molding to match the window curve
but by this time we all know re-pops pretty much never are an exact factory match. The seal groove in the
CHQ molding is very slightly narrower than the original. The Soffseal seals slide very easily into the factory
moldings so if someone is just replacing the seal these should be fine.

Seal end looked short.

Original molding compared to CHQ.

Seal installed.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Don't know who makes the ones for D&R, but the seal too had the metal strip. It all seemed dead balls on to me. Like mentioned earlier re pop stuff is kinda hit and miss sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Bought a pair from same place, OER stuff. One has the metal strip inside the rubber beginning to rust. Never can tell with this stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts