Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the center console gauges in my 69 camaro. I have a 502HO motor and a custom made Ron Davis radiator with dual fans. The fans come on at 185 degrees. I noticed on my console gauge the temp gauge only goes up about 1/4. Doesn't even come close to the half way mark. Anybody know what is going on. Do I have a faulty gauge?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
What temp sending unit are you using and where is it located. Are you using the stock 69 console gauges. It uses a specific sending unit.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using the stock temp gauge but I installed it on top of the aluminum intake not on the side of the block. I am guessing that is causing the low readings. Yes, my car has the factory console gauges.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Possibly, but just make sure it is the correct sending unit for a 69 with console gauges. On my ZZ3 I had in the car awhile, I had to mount the sending unit on the thermostat cover because it was the only hole big enough for that type of sending unit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i have a 69 camaro rs/ss with a SB 350 and i had a 160* thermostat in it. stock gauges and im pretty sure the right temp sender. it ran at 1/4 on the stock gauge for years. no problems.
i just changed the thermostat to a 195* and havent tried the car yet. i dont no what the proper temp thermostat should be in a SB chevy.....any idea's?
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts