Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very large Clutch fan installed on my 305ci engine that I haven't had any trbl with. With the engine running I can feel the air blowing through the radiator by placing my hand on the opposite side if it. I am in the midst or replacing my engine and am wondering would it be best to keep using this fan, or should I get a smaller one and install it along with a fan schroud. Which would be best

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Keep the fan, you might even be nice to it and provide a shroud for it.

------------------
Everett "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR DISAPPEAR UPON RAPID ACCELLERATION"

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I like the stock clutch set-up too. It costs a little more HP than an electric, but is much cheaper and simpler. On my '69 I can feel the air being sucked in a foot away from the front of the grill, which is almost 2 feet from the radiator!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Keep the clutch fan. If you don't already have a fan shroud, I would recommend that you get one. They really do make a difference, plus they look better and keep you from getting your hands in spinning fan blades.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Keep the clutch.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Or trade me straight up...your fan and shroud for my flex fan.

------------------
ZZ502, TH400 w/3,500 RPM stall and shift kit, 12-bolt posi w/4.11's. 3" Exhaust with X-pipe and 2 chamber Flowmasters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a new Delco HD clutch if anyone needs one........

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll kep the clutch. The only trbl now is that the fan is too big to fit into the shroud, but I think I can work that problem out

------------------
Chasing a dream one bolt at a time

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had that problem with the clutch fan that is in my car now. I made a cardboard template and marked each blade as exact as I could then I trimmed off about 1/4" of each blade. It fits in the shroud perfectly now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts