Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get where the ignition and headlight switch wires go, but what about the other end of the harness, where/what does that plug into?

Thanks!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well now I feel like an idiot....I guess I have to figure out how to remove the parking brake and kick panel now. Any idea where it would plug in, or is that pretty self explanatory?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well good news and bad news...

Found the connector! Problem is...it's under the hood by the fuse box. It's got a large grommet where it's supposed to come through the firewall, I just cant see where the hole actually is.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm just dying to get the headlights to open and close. :yes:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
If this is an RS conversion, you'll most likely have to drill the hole. The AIM has all the details on location and size, plus there's a dimple on the firewall as an indicator of where to drill. I wonder if it might be easier to drill from the passenger compartment if your car is assembled.

Weren't you wondering where the engine compartment RS harness was going to end up?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If this is an RS conversion, you'll most likely have to drill the hole.
So I do...

The AIM has all the details on location and size, plus there's a dimple on the firewall as an indicator of where to drill. I wonder if it might be easier to drill from the passenger compartment if your car is assembled.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Weren't you wondering where the engine compartment RS harness was going to end up?
Really didn't think about it to be honest. The shop that did the body work ran the harness. The plug was tucked inside the fender and I had no idea it was even there until about 20 minutes ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts