Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my 1969 Camaro factory front power disc brakes with a new complete 4 wheel power disc brake set up. My question is what other cars will my current front disc brakes fit? The only thing that I am reusing from the setup is the steering arms, other then that they are still complete. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
67-69 F body- Camaro and firebird
68-74 X body- Nova, Apollo, Ventura, Omega
and 64-72 A body- Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Lemans, etc..

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
67-69 F body- Camaro and firebird
68-74 X body- Nova, Apollo, Ventura, Omega
and 64-72 A body- Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Lemans, etc..
Will it be a direct bolt with no modifications neseccary? Will the steering arms from any of those cars bolt right up? Also will the power booster and master cylinder swap over? Thanks

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
the spindles are the same, but the A bodies use a different bolt on steering arm than the F or X bodies.
as for the boosters and masters, i think they are a direct swap, but i'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
he already said he's getting a complete kit, i think he just wanted to know what his old parts will fit so he can list them on ebay or something.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea what the parts would be worth, the master cylinder and booster are new. The brake parts are in good condition also? Thanks

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Probably less than what you have into them, and less than what you think they're worth. I'm selling a similar set-up, and I don't plan on asking much for it. Think of it this way - would you buy a "used" MC for you car when you can get a new one for $30? Or a used caliper when a new one is $30. Neither would I. The only piece of my front system that I'll hate parting with is the metering valve. I just bought it last summer and I think I paid over $100 for it.(New repro) Oh well. I'll probably sell the whole shebang - MC, metering valve, rotors, calipers, bearings, brackets, backing plates for $150.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with BPOS. The parts are all available through the local parts store, but some just want 'factory' original stuff.

I did a brake & suspension upgrade and sold the old rotors, calipers, master cylinder, metering valve, spindles and springs for $250 on Craigslist. People were telling me that I sold it 'cheap'. I just wanted the stuff out of my garage. Depending on where in the country you live, you may be able to get more money. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts