Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got what I think was a good deal on a Edlebrock Torker II (paid $40 bucks for it new). Was this a good deal? I know it’s a little late to ask.

Second, what applications is it good for? My current project (closest to going down the road) is a mostly stock '84 Z. It currently has a holly 600 on the 305 auto, 3.23 gears, flow tech headers older HEI unit with accel module. Current intake is stock aluminum. Cam is unknown, I was told a little hotter than stock by the seller years ago, but you know how that goes.

For forty bucks if it’s totally wrong I can use it later for the ’67 or ’69, or if it’s not worth having at all, I’m not out too much.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Codi

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I thought the Torker manifolds were single planes...... I think you would be better off with a Performer or Performer RPM... I went from a Torker to a Performer RPM on my 68 mild 350 and picked up a little low end power.

I don't think it will kill your combo, but I don't think it's optimal.

Jon

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a single plane, thats why I was asking. After reading more, it looks like they are more of a race only application. Am I reading right? Again, for the price I figured I wouldn't be out much. The factory alum intake might be better then putting that one on.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
It used to be a race only kind of thing once; but it would be correct for a retro street car if you were building a period piece.

The sharp angles the manifold makes with the head is the reason they are no longer favored today. It directs the flow onto the port wall, instead of directing it down the throat of the port were the engine could use it. This added turbulence and the lack of a decent vacuum signal to the carb (this is a single plane problem) is why you will be horse power ahead with an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap™ or similar manifold.

Larger Dave

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have not heard to many good things about the Torker II as far as performance. I hear the original Torker is better manifold. I would sell it and buy a dual plane manifold like a performer for your application. You will much happier with the dual plane.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, for the price I thought I could turn it around if nothing else.

Again, thanks for the imput.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts