Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have stated that it is not on the car. I already looked in archives but didn't find one that talked about it uninstalled. Thanks for links. Could still use more help now that you know it's not on my 67 camaro yet. I got it used with my 71 Nova disc brakes.

I already tried a vacuum hand pump with no luck but i'm not sure that's a good test if not installed. I hope somebody knows. Where's Dave P.? :D

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Why not simply connect a vacuum hose from the car to the booster, even with it not phisicaly instaled on the car? If the engine was running OK before, and with the booster connected, it starts to fail, then there is a hint of a failure. For repairs, I'll take it to a repair shop or simply exchange it at some local auto parts store for a reconditioned unit. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
52 Posts
RamJam

You should be able to test your power booster out of the car to see if it can hold vacuum by using the hand vacuum pump you have. I thought mine was bad too - tested it out of the car with hand pump - held vacuum over night (different issue when mounted caused it to not hold vacuum after one stroke of the brakes). Sounds like you have tried this - maybe the check valve (part that connects to the vacuum hose) is bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts