Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know where a 1967 camaro rs is sitting. It is a few miles away from my house and I have driven by it a few times. Never stopped and looked at it. It appears to be missing the motor and transmission. It is sitting on blocks with the rear end disconnected from the back of the car (Shocks have been removed.) It has some surface rust, but does not appear to have any rust bad enough to require having to replace any body panels. Don't know the shape of the floors or trunk pans. Was wondering if it would be worth trying to get to restore or not.

Thank You,
Sean

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
A 67 shell with minimum rust/damage seem to be selling for around 2500. Extra good parts or stuff like complete rs hardware is a bonus. Cars that are disassembled even with all the parts are 50% or less than an assembled car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
MY new 67 was stripped of everything and used as a drag car.(firewall cut out completely) after finding a donor 68 firewall at the wrecking yard and still needing a million pieces to finish it I'm still happy of the price I got it for(1200) stop by and see what he wants, you never know. I was just happy to get a car that the 1/4's were good and minimal rust.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have a RS and love it, I got shafted buying it, like no rust! (lies lies lies) didnt know what I know now, (check those shock towers!)

I paid 4500K for mine as a rolling chassis, well minus the rest of the engine, the block was in , but that was it. hehehe no heads, oil/intake /exhaust, etc... tok a while but its fine now.

------------------
Chris's 67 RS 327,can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
check out another site once in a while! http://www.fbodyconnection.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will swing by and check it out when I get a chance. There is also a red 1967 chevelle 2 door setting near it that looks to be in good shape without a motor or hood, so I may try to look at them both at the same time

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts