Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing the information that you have on your website for homemade shifter linkages I'm interested in tackling this project. Can you give me some additional information on the aluminum tubing that you used for your setup? I know that you used .5" X .110 tubing, I am mainly questioning the type of material as well as a source for where it could be purchased.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

·
10,144 Posts
4barrel,
I think you have something mixed up. I didn't make any shift linkage using aluminum tubing. I offset the shifter stick by making a plate and a weld-on stick socket.

I do have a page with an aluminum tube and rod end clutch pushrod conversion for smoother clutch action. CarlC provided help with this one and the materials came from McMaster Carr.
David

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was thinking one thing but typing another. In your opinion, do you think that it would be possible to fabricate your own shifter linkage using this same setup providing you use a smaller diameter tube? I ask because I am currently running a Hurst Super Shifter 3 stick and the linkage is contacting some parts of the trans tunnel. Before I 'modify' the trans tunnel I would like to review other options for the linkage.

Thanks,

Rich

·
10,144 Posts
You could buy male rod ends and tap some aluminum tubing, or use female rod ends and use some stiff rod. The rod would have to be pretty stiff stuff, not just plain rod from the hardware store.
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts