Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the height of big block SOLID motor mounts would be the same height as stock big block factory mounts in a 69 ?
I am having a problem with fitting headers near the power steering box.
I am using the correct frame mounts for a big block which are GM parts numbers 3980941 and 3980942.
This is why I need to know if solid motor mounts are different in height than factory ones.
Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you get the right ones. I just was given a set of 62500 Moroso mounts but when I checked the Catalog they were the wrong ones too short. So I just ordered 62510's from Summitt, sould be in Fri-or Mon. They're a lot taller than the others. Your motor mounts could be the wrong ones :confused: You mght want to double check! :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the dimensions of my solid motor mounts and they are the same dimension as the Moroso 62510. I doubled checked on David Pozzi's suspension site, and again, they are the right height and width and as mentioned above, I do have the right frame mounts.
My concern is, since I am having problems with the headers near the steering box, should I be using factory motor mounts or are the Solid ones the same size. If they are both the same dimension, especially in height, then the headers should fit.
I dont want to spend $80.00 for factory motor mounts only to find that they are the same size.
This is why I need to know if the right BB solid motor mounts I have are any different in size then factory original BB mounts.
Thanks to all.
Hope someone knows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.