Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I thought about PVC. You think it can be heated to make that big curve and then keep the shape? I could probably use 90* elles for the sharp corners. Then I wonder about the strength of PVC.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The problem with that would be the elles would be too big. There is little room inside the loop that the frame slides into. You have to work it around about an inch at a time. For that reason a PVC elle might be too thick as well.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400 Moser 9” DSE mini tubs
1,305 Posts
I thought about PVC. You think it can be heated to make that big curve and then keep the shape? I could probably use 90* elles for the sharp corners. Then I wonder about the strength of PVC.
I have packed steel and aluminum pipe with sand to make bends or offsets that I couldn’t section, and I don’t have a mandrel bending setup.
I’m thinking it would work for the right radius.
Ive seen the greenlee pvc conduit heater work really well.
strength is hard to define for pvc 🤷

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Copper might work. I have 3 made out of conduit. I need 1 or 3 more. I'll probably just stick with conduit. I originally started this thread because I experimented with the slots on one and made them more like smiles. But when I bent the tight curve it didn't close up the slots as well and I was trying to stitch together openings of 1/4 inch and it wasn't working well. That's why I thought .030 wire might be better.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts