Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Z28 Convertible and would like to replace the battery and cables. I have read in a repair manual that I must "disable the theft lock before disconnecting the battery" on certain head units. Does anyone know if this applies to the stock Monsoon system that came in the 1999 Z28 Convertibles? The deck has a theft lock logo on it.

If so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
If the little red LED beside "Theftlock" is not flashing with the car OFF, then you don't have to worry about it as the feature has not been enabled. It is disabled from the factory and the owner has to enable it.

Here is some info if yours is enabled and you do not have the code:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Steiner, the LED light is not on so I guess I'm in good shape. Appreciate the link to the information as well.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Thank you Steiner, the LED light is not on so I guess I'm in good shape. Appreciate the link to the information as well.

Thanks,
Brian

No problem. I used to have a second owner '01 Z/28 with the Monsoon system and changed out the battery and alternator with no issue.

Also, if you ever have a problem with your speakers let me know. I've still got a full set plus the amp that I bought off someone back when I had mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts