Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of pressing the bushings but had a question on the shaft. Is there a certain way these are supposed to be installed? I noticed a slight discrepancy in size as you can see from the pics and I'm just trying to make sure I don't botch the install. I'm trying to return this press tool and it's quite the drive so I don't want to head back if I mess this up.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749 Fred Gibb Chevrolet
8,219 Posts
Here's a shot I have on file. Not mine, it's someone here. Was compelled to save a copy as the quality and detail is top notch, although probably not factory correct as I believe the "dog bones" and washers were all painted black (after assembly).

Looks like the big end is to the front? I can take a look at mine tomorrow if needed...

Motorcycle Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a shot I have on file. Not mine, it's someone here. Was compelled to save a copy as the quality and detail is top notch, although probably not factory correct as I believe the "dog bones" and washers were all painted black (after assembly).

Looks like the big end is to the front? I can take a look at mine tomorrow if needed...

View attachment 291996
thanks for the photo! After more research, it doesn't look like it matters. the area where the bolts go through will sit flush with the sub-frame regardless from what i gathered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts