Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a wilwood Front brake setup and my car is currently drum F&R now I rang Wilwood they say no need for a booster does this sound right ?? I some how don't feel comfortable with this decision, Have any of you used the Wilwood brakes and whats your opinion ??

Cheers

Kurt

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
You don't "need" a booster with disc brakes, but I'd do it anyway. Your braking performance will increase just going from manual drums to manual discs regardless, and there are many folks that do run manual discs and are happy with it. But I think you'll be happier with the power assisted disc brakes. Depending on your engine, you might also consider a Hydroboost system instead of a vacuum booster.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm halfway through the install on a 67 drum/drum car and elected not to install a booster. I will be installing the Wilwood split master cylinder with a much larger piston. I'm not too worried about braking performance.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
icedog75 said:
I'm halfway through the install on a 67 drum/drum car and elected not to install a booster. I will be installing the Wilwood split master cylinder with a much larger piston. I'm not too worried about braking performance.

Yeah I may just settle for a tandem master cylinder for now , As I can always put the booster on afterwards !!

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Wilwoods will have great stopping power. You don't need the booster. Even without power brakes they will give you a pretty light pedal feel, you won't have to push really hard on them to stop quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts