Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up headers and a y-pipe early next month for my '94 Z28 6SPD. I already have a used Borla Catback sitting in the garage that will go on with these headers/y-pipe. I heard a video on Youtube of an LT1 with a similar setup that sounds beyond amazing. I have a few questions:

1. On the Pacesetter's Camaro website, they offer "Camaro/Firebird 5.7L LT1 for the 94-95," but also "93-97 Camaro/Firebird 5.7 LT1 headers" that are "RACE (No AIR or EGR)." What are the pros/cons of going with EGR/AIR vs going without? I heard that there really isn't much power improvement when going without. Just problems with check engine lights. Is that true? Also, the car will only be driven in the summer time as my daily driver and won't meet the miles to worry about emissions. Though I don't want to be blowing black smoke either lol. I found a guy selling 70-2239 headers locally that are nicely priced. I'm waiting on a call back to see if they're still available. What will I have to do to convert my car to use these "RACE" headers vs if I went with 94-95 ones that have the EGR/AIR? What will I lose?

2. I have a $25 gift card for eBay that I received as a birthday present last month. I was hoping to pick up an ORY from eBay so that I can knock the price out of pocket a bit. What do you guys think about
this? Is that a fair price? It's Pacesetter brand so the quality should be good!

Thank you guys! I appreciate the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The guy selling the used Pacesetters (Part # 70-2239) still has them for sale, so I'll probably go that route for the headers. Since these do not have the EGR and AIR option, what exactly must I do to have the car running its best (and without a check engine light)? Is a tune really necessary. If so, I might go the PCMforless route. I've read good things. Please shed some light ha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts