Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I need to find a set of steering arms for my 68 that I'm switching over to power steering. I'm using 69 disc. brake componet, so what arms should I be looking for and does anyone have any their looking to sell? Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
the steering arms you have now would be fine.......

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
unless you want to find shorter arms to tighten up the steering, just use your stock arms.
the arms that kjrchevy has are designed for the rack and pinion swap, and probably wouldn't be a good thing to use with the stock steering setup..
which brings up the question of why they weren't used by him...

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Go to a Boneyard or a Pic-A-Part and look at the '68 thru '74 NOVA cars b/c they are the same as our '67/'68/'69's.

pdq67

PS., "NOVA" = Chevy Nova, Olds Omega, Pontiac Ventura and Buick Apollo cars, hence the acronym "NOVA"!!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
like pdq said- hit the boneyard and find a set on a 68-74 Nova or clone. take a tape measure, and measure from the rear mounting bolt out to the tie rod. get the shortest set you find for the tightest steering.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
kjr-
how did your bumpsteer come out, since you didn't use the arms that were specifically designed to work with that rack setup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts