Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site, but I look forward to being a part of it. I have a few questions about a really strange optioned 1969 RS that I am currently trying to buy. It is a 307ci, saginaw 4 speed, High ratio-12 bolt Posi. Full compliment of gauges, Hide away headlights. The car seems to have never been modified in any way. Was this common, or just a strange special order car? I would appreciate any information that anyone can give me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
First off - Welcome to Team Camaro :yes:

The 307 was the standard V8 from late Dec. 68/Jan. 69 production 1969 model year Camaro's. The actual assembly date from the cowl tag and the VIN may help pin down if this engine could have been an originally installed unit.
The Sufix and Partial VIN may still be visible on the engine block and would confirm the original vehicle it was installed in. Check - http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml - for more information and decode.

The RS model featured 'Hide-away' headlamps as part of the package - they should be there ...
As for the rest of the drivetrain and options, stuff occured quite often with customer orders we could never explain - 'there's a seat for every a$$' was one way of putting why people would buy what they did - Green cars with Orange interior, 4-speeds with 'base' engines, posi's and rear disc brakes with L-6's, bench seats in performance equiped cars and the list goes on and on - no rhyme or reason to some of it ...
Go to - www.camaros.org - to read up on the cars and the options.

Maybe the guy was always gonna upgrate the engine to something else after the warranty expired :D

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.:beers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts