Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am in the process of installing the complete wiring kit in my 67 and have a few minor questions. Got the fusebox mounted, most of the engine harness connected & the ignition switch installed. The ignition switch they supplied only goes one way and the key ends up upside down. It will work fine but it's annoying. It's not a damn Mopar.. What's the best way to correct that ? Also looking at the diagram for the engine compartment harnesses (engine & lighting) I don't see a wire to go to the junction block or any going to the horn relay. Just one single wire labelled "horn" Are these 2 parts not needed with this harness or am I missing something ? Thanks for any advice. I can rebuild engines, Muncies, etc. in my sleep but wiring freaks me out.. :yes:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I would give them a call. Doesn't sound right about the ignition. I've only worked with the Factory Fit line, never a Classic update.

Tech support 1-800-482-WIRE(9473) Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5pm EST

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I just got off the phone with them and I'm stuck either modifying the hole in the dash (not what I wanted to do) or maybe filing a flat on the opposite side of the ignition switch body, or living with an upside down key. The ignition switch they provide has to be used because it has 12 volts coming out to operate electronic ignition, etc. and for some odd reason it's made with the lock cylinder upside down. The other 2 questions were answered. The horn relay is in the fuesbox and the junction block on the radiator support is no longer needed. Back to the garage to figure out the best way to deal with the ignition switch. :( OK update. That wasn't so bad. Used a right angle die grinder with a 2" scotchbrite pad and made a flat directly opposite the one that was there on the body of the switch and it fits perfectly rightside up so the key dosn't look like it belongs in a Chrysler..

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Good deal Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
you modified the switch or the dash?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
update. That wasn't so bad. Used a right angle die grinder with a 2" scotchbrite pad and made a flat directly opposite the one that was there on the body of the switch and it fits perfectly rightside up so the key dosn't look like it belongs in a Chrysler..
Armando he modified the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts