Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
routing my heater hoses now and wondering whats the best way to do it.

I have 2 ports on the back of the intake

a port on top of the water pump

a port on the side of the water pump

Whats the best way to route the hoses?

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Not quick but normal heater hose routing is thru the last two you mentioned, w/pump and front manifold port.

If you want to pick up a little more cooling, you can plumb those two rear intake ports (3/8" npt?) to the t-stat housing .
That rear area of the heads is a hot spot and by adding some circulation, you pick up some cooling.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
One hose line goes to the water pump and one to the front intake manifold. That is how you need to hook up for your heater. What I think Don added was a fix to help with extra cooling for the heads themselves. And that would be from the rear intake ports to the thermostat housing. And you may or may not have a housing that has a port to do this. I do not have a heater only, but if it's like the VA system the top core outlet would go to the manifold and bottom to the water pump. Get yourself a AIM manual. It should show hose routing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One hose line goes to the water pump and one to the front intake manifold. That is how you need to hook up for your heater. What I think Don added was a fix to help with extra cooling for the heads themselves. And that would be from the rear intake ports to the thermostat housing. And you may or may not have a housing that has a port to do this. I do not have a heater only, but if it's like the VA system the top core outlet would go to the manifold and bottom to the water pump. Get yourself a AIM manual. It should show hose routing.
my problem is I dont have a port in the front of the intake manifold. The only heater hose locations I have are 2 at the back intake, and 2 on the water pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts