Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 69 ss camaro with its # matchin 350 which i am rebuildin right now. I will set the 350 ci. up for more low end torque rather than top end. I have the original 350-turbo tranny in it with a nice 12 bolt 3.55 posi rear end. How good will my auto tranny and posi rear end perform TORQUE-wise with a nice shift kit in the 350-turbo? What i mean is how well will the tranny and rear end transfer the torque to the rear wheels? Will it be much different if i had a muncie 4-speed instead? By the way...my goal for the engine is to have somewhere around 300-325 hp @ the rear wheels. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
you been enjoyin this place lately, huh Camp? Me too, lol. Startin to think I got a disease, I just can't wait for winter to set in so I can tear apart the ragtop again. (must be sick, it's still warm enuf to DRIVE it!)

Torque wise, the 3:55 and t350 will treat you nice. A 200r4 is a good bolt in option, with a lower first and an overdrive. I did the pg to muncie thing cause I love stirrin gears, and with my no option base ragtop, I'm not worrying too much about keeping it original..

One thing you might think about is the reality factor of a real SS Camaro. It's only gonna be origiinal #'s matching till you change it or hurt it. It'd be plenty sweet looking stone stock under the hood, with maybe a lil more cam to wake up that 350 (IMHO).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and that is what i am lookin to do with my 350 ci, just give it a little more cam with kind of a smooth to medium lope and replace all the pistons and stuff just so it runs reliable. I am not gonna make some high hp engine. Mainy what my earlier qustion was that i just want to make sure i can get some good torque out of my tranny.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
How bout some photo's camp? It's kinda cool to see a younger gentlemen with good taste. My own son (16 in 2 months), while he loves to to show the ragtop off to his friends (do a burnout, dad!!!) dreams of rice-burners with oil can exhaust pipes.

Oh btw... (and somewhat, well quite a bit off the subject), with my new dart heads, performer Plus, and some carb rejetting, the ole ragtop will smoke em pretty darn severely these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.