Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2001 Firebird Conv't V6 as a daily Driver. The previous owner had installed a very loud muffler.

I am looking for something that a little more subtle and quite. Anyone have any recommendations?

Again, this is for a V6, my 68 Camaro can be nice and loud.

Thanks..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thank you for the input.
Whichever mufflers you choose I would highly recommend that you have a crossover pipe installed. This made a huge difference in the sound of my car.

-Joe

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
You can get the full cat-back kit at Rock Auto for $100. Comes with tail pipe, intermediate pipe, and Walker Quiet Flow stainless muffler. Chances are someone yanked the cat on your car if it's overly loud.

·
Registered
216 Posts
H pipe or X pipe installed

-Joe

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
It's a 2001 3.8L V6. They have a y-pipe, just two into one since the floor pan is set up for exhaust down one side only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 2001 3.8L V6. They have a y-pipe, just two into one since the floor pan is set up for exhaust down one side only.
Sorry for the Late Reply, Long Week and I was trying to find out more on these Parts. I was able to talk the former owner into sending me all his receipts, and they arrived today.

On Feb 9th 2015 the receipt shows 1 790006 Converter and 1 v-14 muffler installed. The muffler does also have a 2 tail pipes.

Also after my post I the wonderful Check Engine light came on for the Downstream O2 Sensor. When I got under her, I found what I believed to be a mod on it. Not sure whom installed this. I found in the notes today a reference to the mod below.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...fouler-eliminate-check-engine-light-pics.html

A quick text again to the old owner, he stated it was added after the Exhaust work was done.

Should I just replace the 02 Sensor and leave the mod, or complain to the Muffler shop that they may have done something wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts