Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
You guys have helped me out a few times in the past so I am going back to the well one more time. I did a nut and bolt restoration on a 69 convertible. It is restored back to original. I have factory rally rims on it and I am wondering what are the quietest tires I can buy for this car? I intend to drive and want to hear the radio and exhaust as much as possible and as little road noise as possible. It's an Xll with a 350/3 spd and a 12 bolt rear end (weird combo) but original. Let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Ive used raised white letter goodyear eagles as well as raised white letter BF Goodrich t/a radials and both were great. Very smooth ride/great cornering with no road noise whatsoever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted this question in another area by mistake so please pardon my redundancy. I am looking for the quietest tire I can find for my 69 convertible. I did a nut and bolt restoration and intend to drive the car when complete. The car has a 350 with a 3 spd and 12 bolt rear. The car has 15" factory rally rims. I would like to hear as little road noise as possible. Let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Michelin pilots...quiet as can be!! i got them on mine ,bfg's were noisy compared too!!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
michelin pilots are real quiet!!!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Whatever you do try to put a popular set of raised white letter tires on it as it gives it the correct/muscular look your looking for. Black sidewalls will kill it.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Blackwalls suck on a camaro (imo) thank god my car is black, it doesnt look too bad though!!

·
Super Moderator
32,756 Posts
Tires with flat tread design are quiet. Look at highway tires for trucks, flat tread. However, flat tread won't be a good rain tire because water won't have anywhere to go.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Quieter tires are coming b/c the EU over there is beginning to mandate quieter tires b/c somebody that doesn't work at a real job say's that something like 400,000 people are dying every year over there from tire noise induced STRESS!!

I may have the number of people supposedly DYING wrong, but it's a big one?????

Just wait until the tire thing catch's on over here by NHTSA and then it attack's our performance exhaust industry!!

Notice THEY are using HEALTH issues to scare people into allowing CONTROL of something, just like our own EPA does and Cali's CARB is the worse there is at using tactic!

I figure CARB EVR Stage II is going to hand the folks in Cali $4.00/gallon gas price pretty quick!!

pdq67

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
do they make a quiet top for a convertible??? mine is noisy at 55 to 80 mph!!! i cant even hear the tires!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts