Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is bad form or not but I met with my body guy today and I was pretty happy with the quote but I wanted a few opinions on the $$$. Here's the grocery list:

R&R of full RH 1/4 panel
R&R of 80% LH 1/4 panel
R&R of complete trunk floor
R&R of tail panel
R&R of RH door skin
Bodywork on LH door and roof
Misc floor smoothing
Firewall smoothing where previous dork hammered it to clear an HEI Ignition
6 holes filled and smoothed on firewall
Self Etching Primer
Undercarriage painted
Trunk splatter painted
Rear seat divider welded in
R&R of Package Tray

I think that is it... *UGH*

Quote - $5900.......

Bill

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Body Guy - does he play guitar on the side?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think he was referring to Buddy Guy?????? As far as the price, would go with the full 1/4 on both sides, for the sole fact that any addt charge to do the full 1/4 should be offset by the time he will have invested in doing the partial 1/4 correctly both inside and out. If you have seen his work and can trust him to finish on a time table that is worth some monetary cost as well. Can you save any money by going with the one piece trunk floor? Since you are pulling the tail panel yo ucan get the one piece trunk floor and it includes your extenions preinstalled.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good suggestions. We opted away from the full trunk pan cause the sides are good and can be recovered. Agreed on the 1/4s, we may go with fulls on both sides.

He was suggested by two people on the site here and I went out to check out his work and talk to him and it looks like it should be good.

Thanks and have a great wekeend!

Bill

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's a lot of work..
Sounds like a good deal to me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts