Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
yes, it will fit fine

you will need to cut hte cowl area to fit the carb/ air cleaner and to be able to get the distributor in and out unless you use a front drive one

there is a company that makes tubular k members for sbc/bbc or you can use the stock lt1 mount

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
cool thanks any info on the transmission cross member and drive shaft
i know you will need a different crossmember, and IIRC the driveshaft will be shorter

let me find the exact specs and i will post them in here

what trans were you going to use?

i have also seen people use custom engine plates to hold the engine, and it only required bending the cowl pieces up a little bit, but i dont think the distributor can come out unless you move the engine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks i spoke to someone today who told me if i cut the cowl past the windshield i could remove the dist i am going to use a five speed manual any suggestions on the year would be helpful this is going to be a road race car and auto cross car

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ok thanks i spoke to someone today who told me if i cut the cowl past the windshield i could remove the dist i am going to use a five speed manual any suggestions on the year would be helpful this is going to be a road race car and auto cross car
hmm, if you want to use a t5 trans, i would think it would have to be out of a 92 and lower car from a v8, i know the t5's in the v6 camaros will not fit, and they are very weak to say the least (rated at 215 ftlb of torque iirc)

not sure what the 3rd gen t5's are rated at.. but i would look into getting an aftermarket one personally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts