Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get race gas in Colorado other than the tracks? Since I dropped the 406 in over the summer, I just don't think premium with octane booster is cutting it, so it was recommended that I try a 70/30 blend with race gas.

Thanks,
Justinian

·
Banned
1 Posts
At Larry's Amoco at 32nd and Wadsworth in Wheatridge,they have 2 choices, 100 octane no-lead @ $3.55per gal. and 110 octane leaded @ $3.95 per gal. You have to bring a container for the 110 due to the federal law that prohibits putting this fuel directly in a vehicle at the station due to the lead in it.
Mike in Littleton
'66 SS Chevelle
resto' in progress

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My compressin ration is supposed to be 10.5, but I can never know for sure. The guy who built my engine (and taught me a lesson that although I don't know much, everything else on this car WILL be done by me) didn't build it to the specs that I had originally requested/paid for. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I look for the issue else where?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Are you experiencing detonation now? What's your motor setup?

You can usually handle 10.5 to 1 or more on pump gas around here. I'm running 10.3 to 1 and a friend of mine is pushing 11 to 1 up in Longmont - both running fine on premium pump gas.

Of course, type of heads, cam, timimg, etc. will all affect detonation so tell us a little more about your combo and what kind of problems you're having.

------------------
Scott
'69 400SB, Richmond 5-speed
www.geocities.com/sdenning1

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you're interested i know a group of guys in the denver area planning on buying race gas by the barrel as a group purchase. e-mail me, and i'll send you their address

1 - 8 of 8 Posts