Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, am I missing something, I think I am.

Took my radiator in to have a leak fixed, 396/325 a/c, curved neck rad. When I took it out I did not take a pic, stupid. I got it back today, intaleed it, went to put the fan shroud back on and there is nothing to clip it into on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that the shroud slid into clips on the bottom of the radiator, but they are not there now. On the bottom of the shroud is a small "S" clip attached, but i can fin no where on the radiator to clip it, there is a place on the fins that look like its been rubbing for some time.

So, am I missing the clips or am I losing my mind.

HELP!!!!!

------------------
1969 SS/RS Convertible,Hugger/Black,396/325,TH400,ps,pb,pt,pw,ac,cc,amfm blue light,tilt,speed warning,console gauges,fiber optics,smog

http://hometown.aol.com/spb180/myhomepage/photo.html

·
Super Moderator
33,287 Posts
You should go back to the radiator shop and have them solder back on the brackets to hold the S-clips.

They removed the brackets as David is suggesting.

------------------
Everett "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR DISAPPEAR UPON RAPID ACCELERATION"

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found out where they are....

I called the shop this morning...

Me: I brought the radiator in and got it back and now have no way of attaching the shroud to the radiator, could you see if the clips are in your shop?

Shop: Oh, they are probably in the 150 gal. tank or down the drain. People usually take them offf prior to brining the radiator in for work.

Me: Well, I'm not in the car care business and did not know that I should have taken them off, could you please look for them.

Shop: I don't know what you want me to do.

Me: Well being that they were there when I brought it in and they are not now, I think you should replace them.

Shop: I dont know what your getting worked up about, they are $1.50 each, if you would like I can reimburse you $3.00. I also gave you a discount on the work.
(In Rick's they are 16.95 part no. AHB-679)

Me: I didnt ask you for a discount, as far as I knew the price you quoted me was the normal price, and this is not about money.

Im about to loose it at this point, just the attitude of the guy, like its my fault that they lost these things.

Sorry about the length, I had to vent, this really just made my weekend.

Scott

------------------
1969 SS/RS Convertible,Hugger/Black,396/325,TH400,ps,pb,pt,pw,ac,cc,amfm blue light,tilt,speed warning,console gauges,fiber optics,smog

http://hometown.aol.com/spb180/myhomepage/photo.html

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
So now you have to hunt down the clips? Geezz. I feel your anger. His comment, "so what do you want me to do about it"?, would've pushed me over the edge.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts