Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 75 with AC back from the body shop and these guys did one sorry job. I've been doing nothing but fixing mistakes since I got it back, I should have just done it all to begin with and saved myself the two months. Well they installed a "new" radiator. Anyway after driving it for a few short distances, I begin noticing that the radiator is leaking from the cap and occasionally overheating. After one drive I parked it, let it cool and checked the cap to find a mess of rust and sediment floating around. I spent a day (or evening) draining it, flushing it, rinsing and refilling it and it's not overheated since. Bad news is that the first few times I drove it, it leaked anway. I though I just overfilled but it still has been pulling from the reservoir and not overflowing back to the reservoir. It still runs fine and stays cool but makes an embarrassing leak every once and a while. I don't know much about this but I could really use some advice!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Definately try a new cap. It sounds like it is not holding the pressure that it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts