Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 RS Camaro that had a 6 cylinder with 2-core radiator,four blade fan,and no fan shroud. I just installed a bone stock 327/210 engine. Can i get away with the 2-core if i add a shroud and a 6 blade flex fan.I know G.M. put 2-cores in some of their 307 engines. I personally owned a 70 Nova with a 2-core and had no problems overheating in traffic. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The 2-core could be marginal - I'd go with a 3-core, shroud, and clutch fan; flex-fans can cause problems (thrown blades), and they actually reduce highway airflow vs. a clutch fan.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i have a 6 cyl radiator on my 400 hp 355...never gets over 200 in the heat of summer, and usually runs about 185 or so. i ditched the factory fan setup and have an electric fan off a 1986 4 cyl buick somerset.i could actually feel the power it freed up going electric..junkyard tech at its best.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
Registered
775 Posts
I believe that you will be alright. You might want to upgrade to a clutched fan. I have a two core cooling my 400 small block. It is doing alright during this cool weather that we are having in Kentucky, but I will have to replace it next summer.

It is at least worth a try. Install it and see what happens. If you do have to have a radiator, replacing the radiator isn't a very bad job at all.

C

·
0 Posts
Where can I get a radiator for my 69 Z28 camaro? I have rebuilt the air box, and installed it.. Now I need a radiator and condensor.. Can someone point me in the right direction!.. What do I need a 2 or 3 core???

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
2 core was the factory radiator for the 210 hp motor. You'll be fine with the shroud.

My car had the original motor and radiator when I bought it. Cooled fine.

------------------
68 Camaro ragtop, original 327, angle plug Camel humps, 202's, Performer, Holley 600, Doug's Headers, 3-speed Saginaw, 3.08 posi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts